I need to generate JPEG's from PDF. JPEG must be created based on Trim Box and PDF's can be version 1.3 with extra Pantone colors that absolutely require Overprint Preview so only GhostScript (and Rip's of course can handle them). Both Photoshop, Image Magick and SIPS (Scriptable Image Processing System of OS X) cannot solve both problems (Crop to trim and composite handling overprint).
I created an app to rasterize the PDF I receive and all works good EXCEPT that some chinese PDF have one font not embedded. This font is Chinese STXiHei TrueType (CID) with encoding G8pc-EUC-H (info extracted form Acrobat Pro).
Now when GhostScript process these PDF goes in error. My question are:
- Because the not embedded font is outside the TrimBox region, there is a GS parameter that permit to skip not embedded font?
- If point 1 is not possible how is possible to substitute the missing font?
- My Installation of GS 9.02 on OS X don't install cidfmap file nor fonts folders.
- What I need to install and where in order to use substitute fonts?
- I read many times the use.htm and spent some days of testing all without success trying to ignore or substitute the not embedded font with another. The argument seems complex, but probably the solution is simple.
Somebody can help me?