I am looking to start a new project and I am trying to decide which framework to go with. I have been using ASP.Net for a while and enjoy it. My first introduction to web applications was with PHP and I still love it. The project should be a medium sized project maintained by 1 or 2 developers with a potential to grow. The only pros and cons are can think of are as follows:
ASP.Net MVC Pros
- Big community support and increasing
- Seems to be fully featured
- Getting a dedicated server will be expensive.
- A licensed version of SQL Server will be expensive
Zend Framework Pros
- Also a fairly large community
- Free, using the typical LAMP setup
- Not as mainstream
- Might contain possible limitations
Lastly, I have enjoyed working with ASP.Net's concept of Master pages. Does ASP.Net MVC still support this and does Zend Framework have something similar. I think that Zend offers something called templating and it looks close to Master pages.
What is your opinion?